No-Fail Banana Cake
No-fail Banana Cake
I don’t know about all of you, but I love a good Banana Cake, not Bread (I still love that too) but actual cake. So I thought it would be a good idea to show my favourite Recipe original to me on my blog! (Recipe below). This recipe is very versatile, and can be made to suit most dietary needs. Quite a few times I have made the Dairy free version of this cake and it still tasted wonderful! ~enjoy~
- 200g Greek yogurt (Dairy Free substitute: Dairy free Greek style yogurt or coconut yogurt)
- 125g Softened Butter ( Dairy free substitute: Nuttelex)
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Self raising flour
- 2/3 cup Icing Sugar
- 80g Margarine
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Firstly, Preheat your Oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and line a cake tin with baking paper, greasing slightly with butter or oil.
- Now, you’ll need either an electric beater, or a stand mixer on a medium setting and beat together the Butter and Sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, and continue beating.
- Next, Add the Mashed banana, Yogurt, Vanilla. Beat together and slowly add in the flour until fully combined.
- Finally, Bake in the oven for 45 minutes and Enjoy!
- Beat the Margarine until creamy and gradually add the Icing Sugar. Add the vanilla, milk and beat until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
- Frost evenly around the cake and sprinkle with desiccated coconut ~enjoy~